- I don’t know about you guys, but this cold winter weather has really done a number on my lips. They are constantly dry, colorless, and chapped. It’s a good thing that you can pretty much bring your lips back to life in three quick & easy steps!!
- Step 1: Exfoliate those bad boys! You want to exfoliate your lips right when you get out of the shower as this is the prime time to slough off all that dead skin. You can either use a store bought lip exfoliate (we love Bliss Fabulips) or you can make one using petroleum jelly and brown sugar. Slab it on your lips, and using the tip of your finger, rub it around in small circles. Wipe off when done.
- ++ The skin on your lips is very thin, so too much exfoliating could actually cause more harm than good. Once a week should do it. ++
- Step 2: Seal in moisture! Use a lip balm with shea butter to help lock that moisture in for a long period of time. L’Occitane makes a great shea butter lip balm.
- Step 3: Finish off your lip therapy session with a chapstick that has sunscreen in it (we have a great one here). Sun is one of the number one reasons people’s lips are less than perfect, so be sure to use protection.
- ++ Now, simply apply your favorite lip color as usual & you’re good to go. Hello healthy lips!! ++