Is your big day coming up? If so, CONGRATULATIONS!!
We know you’re probably overwhelmed with all the planning that goes into this very special occasion, so we wanted to help give you one less thing to worry about with 5 helpful tips for long lasting make-up. It’s going to be a long day, with very little time for touch ups, so it’s important that your make-up lasts from “I do” to your first dance and then some.
1. First and foremost, before we go on any further, BE SURE TO HAVE A TRIAL SESSION. This may be kind of obvious, but very important. Do your make-up exactly as you want it on your wedding day and have your friends take pictures. You can see how it looks in real life and on camera.
2. I want to talk a little bit about face make-up with sunscreen. We are obviously huge advocates of wearing sunscreen, but this is one day you may want to forgo the sunscreen. In some cases, even if you can’t see it with the naked eye, it will make you look a shade paler. This isn’t a normal issue in day-to-day life, but when cameras are flashing left and right, it could possibly wash you out. This is something you will find out when you do your trial.
3. Always do your eye make-up first. You don’t want to do your whole face perfect, and then get eye shadow dust or an eyeliner smear on your face.
4. Invest in good primers. One for your face, and one for your eyes. Primers help to smooth out the skin, tone down any redness, and make your make-up stick. Many primers have a silica base which softens and smoothes out the skin, making it so the foundation sits on top of your skin rather than sink into the pores.
5. Apply concealer AFTER you apply your foundation. This is another make-up trick that many people don’t know about, but if you think about it logically, it makes much more sense. Doing your concealer before your foundation is pretty much a waste of time, cause you will probably wipe most of it off. When applying concealer after foundation you will get much better coverage, and it will last you longer.
6. Use moisturizer sparingly, and give it a few seconds to sink in before you go about applying any make-up. Nothing can ruin a great photo quicker than a greasy face, so opt for oil-free make-up and powders over liquids. Liquids tend to “slide” off your face while powders will last considerably longer. Also, when it comes to your cheeks- try a stain!
7. When doing your eye make-up… everything needs to be waterproof. That’s a given, and I think the reasons are obvious (humidity, sweat, tears).
8. Last, but not least. Keep your pucker perfect by using a lipliner to line and fill your lips. It will last you all the way through the most important part of the day- your kiss!
(source, source, source)