Fall is the season of television- all my favorite shows are officially back in my life and I am ecstatic! What better way to start off a season of great television watching than crowding around the tele with your friends to watch the annual Emmys!!? At my house it is always a much anticipated event… we all gather around the t.v. for many hours to view style segment, the red carpet, and of course the main event. With all the ladies it was tons of “OMG she looks stunning” or “WTH was she thinking??”. No award show is complete without fashion, whether good or bad, it is an integral part of any such shindig…
As for the trends we observed….
- + Celebs were still in full summer mode (especially since it seemed the red carpet was quite warm), and that was expressed through their color choices…. we saw tons of bright, colorful, and cheery frocks.
- + Claire Danes chose a great shade of sunny yellow- even if the dress looked a bit too casual (maybe even a little frumpy).
- + Kelly Osbourne matched her purple dress to her lovely lilac locks, which turned out to be a stellar combo.
- + Zooey Deschanel looks adorable, as she often does, in this powder blue princess gown.
- + Padma Lakshmi picked the perfect shade of orange to compliment her skin tone.
- + Lastly, Julie Bowen stole the show in a neon yellow, perfectly fitting, frock.
+ Tons of interesting necklines were observed… most notable were seen on Lucy Liu, Giuliana Rancic, Allison Williams, Sofia Vergara, & Brooke Burke. The geometrical shapes were pleasing to the eye, and were a great twist on a classic gown.
- + The leading ladies seen above were all channeling their inner goddess with their beautiful dress choices. The chiffon fabric in addition to the toga-like silhouettes were feminine, sweet, and sophisticated.
- + Sarah Hyland was actually one of our favorites of the night- the dress fit her perfectly and was very age-appropriate.
- + Angie’s slit sure made an impression on various actresses, including: Marie Menounous, Heidi Klum, Alexandra Breckenridge, Lara Spencer, & Jena Malone.
- + Who rocked your favorite slit? Did anyone live up to the infamous black slit gown worn by miss Angelina Jolie?
Our Favorite Looks:
- + January Jones looked chic and sexy in her intricate black gown by Zac Posen, it really upped the ante on a classic LBD!
- + Ginnifer Goodwin picks all of the most perfect looks to go with her adorable pixie cut. The colors (tan & orange) are great together, the silhouette gives this look a bit of vintage flare, and of course we love that hi-lo hem line!
- + Nicole Kidman looking fabulous isn’t really a surprise- she never seems to let us fashionistas down with her impeccable taste! We love this white sleek gown with its scaly/geometric sequin placement- quite fab.
- + Tina Fey was a real head turner on the red carpet. The plum red color looked great, the dress fit like a glove, and we love the added gold/black brocade detail!
- + Jessica Pare really killed it in this amazing white Jason Wu one shoulder gown… with a bit of black detail. It was sleek, chic, and 100% fabulous! Plus the red lip was the perfect shade of lipstick for her.
- + Not only does this Melissa McCarthy always leave us in stitches, but she has great taste to boot! The dress fit her body great and we loved her choice of accessories (studded clutch & a huge purple cocktail ring)!!
What are your thoughts??
- + Julianne Moore looks great in yellow, we just think the matronly silhouette with the shocking color didn’t pair well together.
- + Kristin Wiig’s new dark hair is great, but we thought her dress was just a bit too casual for the occasion.
- + Ashley Judd was channeling her inner pageant star with this look. The hair, the fabric, the silhouette, the drop earrings, and the rhinestone straps were just a bit too much for our liking.
- + Kat Dennings looks great with her dark hair, red lips, and matching red dress… the only issue we had was the cleavage. Every second I was worried she was going to have a fashion mishap with that extremely low cut line. Too risque for the Emmys.
- + Lena Dunham’s dress was just a bit too frumpy and dated for her age (as well as her adorable haircut).