To create this cosmic nail look, you’ll need:
– Nail Therapy Base Coat
– Freedom Polymer Top Coat
– Estelle (from the Galaxy Mystery Box)
– One dark nail color (we used Brandt)
– Three bright nail colors to create a “galaxy” effect (we used Gunta, Abbie, and Lauren)
– One white nail color for dotting (we used Bunny)
– Small sponges (just cut up a clean makeup or kitchen sponge)
– Paper plate (or something else you can drop polish on)
– Dotting tool or bobby pin
Step 1: Apply base coat.
Step 2: Apply a coat of dark nail color. Make sure your nails are dry to the touch before you move on to the next step.
Step 3: Brush or pour a few drops of your next color onto a paper plate. Press a sponge into the color and gently dab it over a small section of each nail. Wait until your nails are dry to the touch, then repeat with your remaining two colors. For best results, use a clean sponge for each color, and don’t layer colors directly on top of each other. (But don’t stress if they overlap a bit! Things get messy in outer space.)
Step 4: Once your bright colors are all dry to the touch, press a clean sponge into a few drops of Estelle and dab it over your entire nail.
Step 5: Use a dotting tool (if you don’t have one, pull a bobby pin open and use one of the rounded ends) to add some white celestial bodies.
Step 6: Apply Freedom Polymer Top Coat for a super-shiny space age finish.