If you know us, you know we love color. We’re Julep. “Color” is our middle name.
Some days we like lavender lipstick or blue mascara or Barbie-pink nails. But, what about those days when purple eyeliner seems overwhelming, but a swipe of mascara and some gloss isn’t quite enough?
Insert earth tones. We developed three beautifully subtle looks for those in-between days using earthy hues for eyes, lips, and nails. Not too crazy; not too bare, but just right. Goldilocks would definitely approve.
Thanks to our beautifully-tressed friend Morgan for modeling. And thanks to the warmth in these looks, we’re feeling more down-to-earth already.
Look 1: Forest Green Eyes
- Prime. Lookin’ good already, sister!
- Apply Olive Shimmer Eyeshadow 101 to the upper lid, following closely along the lash line, but don’t worry about being too perfect. Do the same to the lower lid.
- Swipe Warm Gold Shimmer Eyeshadow 101 over the upper lid, blending the two shades together with your ring finger or the smudger on one end of your shadow stick.
- Trace Olive When Pencil Met Gel along the upper lash from inner to outer corner, and along the bottom from the outer corner and stopping below the pupil.
- Swipe of Golden Guava Skip the Brush on each cheek.
- Dab Apricot Nude It’s Balm to lips to finish.
Look 2: Monochromatic Apricot
- Blend Bronze Shimmer Eyeshadow 101 across the upper lid.
- Swipe Bronze Shimmer Eye Glider along the upper lash line, blending into the shadow before the creme sets to powder.
- Brush Terra Orbital Eyeshadow onto the Bronze Shimmer base, blending up past the crease but stopping before the brow bone.
- Apply Medium Tan Pore Minimizing Bronzer to right below the cheek bone in a wide c-shape, and Glow Highlighting Powder to apples, bridge of nose, and temples.
- Seal the deal with a swipe of Shimmy Light on Your Lips.
Look 3: Neutral Ombre Nails
- Apply to the thumb of each hand: Rooney (Boho Glam).
- Apply to the pointer of each hand: Whitney (Boho Glam).
- Apply to the middle finger of each hand: Alaina (Classic With a Twist).
- Apply to the ring finger of each hand: Florence (Classic With a Twist).
- Apply to the pinky of each hand: Vanna (Bombshell).
How do you like to rock your neutrals? We love hearing your feedback, so hit us up in the comments section below.