Ever since I started with Julep, my nail polish collection has grown tremendously (as I am sure you could imagine). Prior to owning all of these polishes, I had no problem keeping all 10 of my colors under my bathroom sink. Now, that’s not possible… there are just too many. I originally bought a box from Target to hold them all, but once I got them in there, I realized how unpractical that idea was. I can NEVER find a color without dumping all of the polishes out on to the floor, which is a complete and total pain. Plus, I am very OCD when it comes to organization, and this nail polish situation is FAR from organized.
I started to do some research and see how other people were storing their polishes, and I got some really great ideas & inspiration. I am sure there are others out there looking for a more effective way to store their precious polishes, so I decided to share my findings.
Do you have a great way to organize multiple nail polishes? If so, please share!
- Some Ideas I am Loving…
- + Paint small white labels or even some hole punch reinforcers with your color and stick it to the top of your bottle.
- + Paint a nail wheel with all your colors and on the back write a number with a Sharpie. Using a white label (or a piece of one) write the corresponding number down and stick it to the top of your polish. This is great because the nail swatches give you a really good depiction of the actual color.
- + Use a spice rack and hang it on the wall in your bathroom for easy access and great visibility. Looks like your very own nail salon & if you’re feeling really crafty, you can even paint it!
- + Use a set of clear drawers and lay the nail polishes flat with bottom of the polish facing outward so that you can see the color through the drawer.
- + Ever seen those things that hang over your door and store your jewelry in clear pouches? Get one of those bad boys and use it for your polishes (found here)!
- + I love the idea of using a tiered pastry stand to display polishes, my only problem is I don’t currently have any tabletop space. But, if you do have room, this idea is cute & practical.
- + A chic serving tray is a great way to store polish as it is cute, and easy to access. Of course, this isn’t the most efficient idea if you are trying to save some space.
- Other Storage Tips…
- + Storing your polish in the fridge helps prevent your color from fading (as it does naturally with age). Not to mention this also helps to prevent clumps.
- + Obviously you can’t fill your whole fridge with nail polish, so only keep a few of your favorites in there. For the rest, you do want to make sure they are in a somewhat cool & dry place. That probably means your bathroom (If the shower is nearby) isn’t the best place for your polish.
- + Keep your polishes upright! When they fall on their side, it is harder to mix the pigments back together.