It’s summer—are you ready to glow?
When the weather’s hot and you’re out in the sun all day, the last thing you want is a face of makeup that feels heavy or looks cakey. You want light, airy, luminous makeup that’s easy to apply, won’t melt off, and will make you look like an earth angel wherever you go. And that’s exactly what our makeup guru Janae created with this gorgeous “summer glow” tutorial!
What we used:
Products: Glow Pore Minimizing Bronzer in Light Golden Bronze; Glow Pore Minimizing Blush in Peach Bellini; Eye Sheen Liquid Eyeshadow in Pale Nude Shimmer; Sweep Eyeshadow Palette: Neutrals; Kajal Eye Glider; Julep Lip Gloss in Enchanted
Brushes: Julep Eyeshadow Brush; Angled Liner Brush; Shader Brush; Bronzer Brush; and Blush Brush
How to get that glow:
1. Start with a primed and prepped face using your favorite light-coverage foundation and/or concealer to cover up any redness and even out the skin. Dip the tip of the bronzer brush into the Glow Bronzer, dusting off any excess. Follow the line of your lips up toward your ear. Starting mid-cheek, apply in the hollows of your cheekbones, sculpting up and back.
2. Warm up the rest of your face by swiping some bronzer across your hairline, on your neck, and under your chin. Remember that a little bronzer goes a long way, and to blend, blend, blend! We don’t want any harsh or obvious lines.
3. Pale Nude Shimmer Eye Sheen works great as a highlight because it gives off a gorgeous luminescence and is totally sweat-proof! Dab a little eye sheen onto the back of your hand and use the tip of the blush brush to lightly distribute and blend it in a C-shape from your brow bone, around your eye and down to your cheekbone.
4. Using the same brush, dab a tiny amount of eye sheen onto the other high planes of your face—the bridge of your nose, forehead, and chin—and blend well for a subtle highlight.
5. Using the same brush, apply blush in the apples of your cheeks. Smiling helps!
6. Bring the blush up and away to further accentuate your cheekbones and add to your luminous glow. (The tiny diamond particles in Glow Pore Minimizing Blush definitely help with that!)
7. Use the shader brush to apply eye sheen all over your lids, up to the crease. Hold the brush flat against your lid and pat the product onto the lid. Use a very small amount of eye sheen and blend it in well with the eyeshadow brush.
8. Use the tip of the shader brush to apply eye sheen in the inner corner of each eye, blending the edges for a soft effect.
9. Dip the eyeshadow brush into the shade Glow in the Sweep Eyeshadow Palette (the golden shimmer shade on the far left). Starting at the outer “pocket” of your eyelid crease, apply along the crease in little circular motions, or back and forth (whatever feels more comfortable for you).
10. Finish with a couple healthy coats of your favorite mascara and a few dabs of juicy lip gloss. We used Enchanted, a gorgeous, not-quite-red, not-quite-pink watermelon shade.
And don’t forget those nails! We put our lovely model Sophie in Laree, a summer-perfect golden pink taffeta shimmer that plays off her luminous glow and pretty pink lip.
Optional day-to-night step:
You can totally stop there, but if you’d like a little more definition, just add liner.
For soft definition, instead of applying Kajal Eye Glider directly to the lash line, Janae loaded up the angled liner brush with the brown side of the pencil (use the black end if you want a bolder line) and used the brush to apply the liner, starting at the outside of the eye and working in toward the tear duct, tapering the line from thick to thin. She then did the same thing with a tiny amount of liner on the outer lower lash line, stopping mid-eye and smudging as she went to avoid any harsh lines.