Many women shy away from wearing polka dots in fear that they will look more like a kiddie than a fashion icon, but I am here to tell you all- that does NOT need to be the case! Polka dots can be very chic and retro, when worn properly with the right outfit! Considering polka dots have made a comeback this season, I wanted to share some helpful tips on how to rock a dotted ensemble the right way, without looking childish.
- + Black and white is a classic and very retro-inspired way to rock dots, especially when you throw in a red lip- perfect for a hot date with your beau!!
- + A chiffon spotted blouse looks great when paired with a sleek pair of skinny jeans and cute heels for a day at the office as well as some after work beverages (Hello, happy hour!).
- + When wearing a polka dot frock, a vintage silhouette (as seen above) is a great way to add a little retro flair to your overall look. Pair it with a fun (yet basic) pair of flats, some over-sized sunnies- and you are good to go!
- + Whether you opt for polka dot pants or some spotted shorts, be sure to always keep it simple on top with a plain tee and fun accessories.
- + Feeling wary about this print? Start small with either a spotted scarf, polka dot loafers, or even a cute spotted tote bag. Throwing on one of these items will take your look from blah to great in .5 seconds.
- + Don’t forget about your most important accessory of all, your cell phone! Kate Spade’s polka dot iPhone case is an easy way to “dot-ify” your style!
- So, what do you guys think about polka dots- feminine & fab, or leave it to the kids?
- (source, source, source, source)