It’s Wedding Wednesday! Today we’re sharing this gorgeous and simple nail art design inspired by our Something Blue (It Girl) polish—the perfect shade of bright, happy blue that any bride can wear before or during her wedding.
We love Something Blue on a bride’s toes on her wedding day for a fun, peep-toe-ready take on the traditional “something old” adage. But for this look, we’re embracing the “little blue box” feel with some Tiffany’s-inspired nail art. Wouldn’t it be charming at an engagement party or bridal shower?
To get this look, you’ll need Something Blue, a bright white like Brigitte (Classic with a Twist), which is what we used, your Plié Wand, and your striping brush from the Plié Wand Creativity Kit.
Here’s the step-by-step:
Let all coats of polish dry in between application.
1. Apply a base coat to all nails.
2. Apply two coats of Something Blue to all nails.
3. Pour a small amount of Brigitte onto a piece of foil and attach the striping brush to your Plié Wand.
4. Time to draw your ribbon! Dip the striping brush into Brigitte and draw two lines across the middle of your left ring finger: one horizontal, one vertical.
5. Draw two loops on top of the horizontal line, one on either side of the vertical line.
6. Finish off your design with a couple swooping lines underneath, to indicate the two ends of the ribbon. (You could continue the horizontal line of white ribbon onto the rest of your nails, but we chose to keep the focus concentrated on the ring finger.)
7. Once everything is dry, seal with your favorite top coat.
We love a wedding nail art look that’s simple, elegant, and cheerful all at the same time. What do you think?