Memorial Day weekend is almost here, and it is the perfect excuse to getaway for a bit & soak up some rays. I personally am going to enjoy my long weekend by jaunting off to the big city of Las Vegas for some fun in the sun. Unlike most Vegas trips, I am not planning to party till the wee hours of the morning, instead I am more interested in seeing a show or two, eating delicious food, and working on my tan.
Packing is always hard for me, mostly because I am not keen on the idea of limiting myself to only a few options. The best thing to do when packing for a weekend trip is to plan, plan, plan- that way you won’t forget a thing! Here are some tips and inspiration to help you load up your weekender bag!
- Packing list:
- – Shoes: Shoes are my obsession, yet unfortunately they also take up the most room in a suitcase. Ideally I would like to bring 5 or more pairs of shoes on a weekend trip, yet 3 will end up being enough. One pair of statement heels, one pair of black heels, and one pair of strappy sandals. (Shoes seen above found here, here, & here).
- – Clothes: You are going to want a few “stand out” outfits for your night out at dinner, dancing at the club, and shopping. I usually bring a maxi-dress for a daytime outing, a skirt & fun top for dinner, and a hot dress for the club. (White studded bra top found here, aqua mini skirt found here, yellow maxi dress found here, black mesh dress found here).
- – Swim: Good thing about swimsuits, they are small, which means you can bring more than one! I like to bring one bathing suit that is a bit more on the glam side, while the other is more casual & boho chic. (Swimsuits found here & here).
- – Basics: Throw in some basics that you can wear with a few different things, including plain t-shirts as well as denim shorts. These things you can dress up, dress down, and wear with a variety of other pieces. (Basic tanks found here & here, shorts found here).
- – Miscellaneous: Assuming you will be in the sun I suggest bringing a pair of sunglasses & a cute hat. Be sure to throw in your stash of favorite bangles and baubles, as well as a simple clutch that goes with all of your outfits. Now you are all ready to get traveling, relax, and have fun! (Sunglasses found here).
- Are you heading anywhere for the weekend? If so, where you headed?