Notification of Security Incident

Notice of Security Incident

Julep has recently learned that our website was accessed by an unauthorized user and that certain customer data may have been compromised. Specifically, our investigation determined that an unauthorized third party was able to inject unauthorized code to our webpage that redirected certain payment information submitted by users trying to purchase Julep products. While we acted quickly to remove the unauthorized code once we learned of the attack, if you used our website to attempt a purchase between October 12, 2018 and October 16, 2018 and entered a new credit card, your name, address, and payment data – including your credit card number and security code – may have been compromised. Importantly, if you used a saved credit card or PayPal, your name and address data may have been compromised, but your payment data was not. If you used Apple Pay or the Julep iOS app, none of your data was compromised.


We encourage you to remain vigilant over the coming months and regularly review your bank and other financial account statements, as well as your credit report. If you notice any suspicious activity on any of your accounts or suspect identity theft, notify the relevant institution immediately, as well as the Federal Trade Commission and law enforcement as explained in the attached tip sheet.

In addition, we have provided below a tip sheet that contains information about how to obtain copies of your credit reports, and information about how to set up fraud alerts or security freezes on your accounts.

If you are an Iowa resident, you may also notify local law enforcement or the Iowa Office of the Attorney General by phone at (888) 777-4590, on the Internet at https://www.iowaattorneygeneral.gov/contact-us, or by postal mail at 1305 E. Walnut Street, Des Moines IA 50319.

If you are an Maryland resident, you may also contact the Maryland Office of the Attorney General by phone at (888) 743-0023, on the Internet at http://www.oag.state.md.us, or by postal mail at 200 St. Paul Place, Baltimore, MD 21202.

If you are an North Carolina resident, you may contact the North Carolina Attorney General’s Office by phone at (919) 716-6400, on the Internet at https://www.ncdoj.gov/, or by postal mail at 9001 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-9001.


For more information or should you have any questions, please contact us at maven@julep.com or (877) 651-3292.



To obtain an annual free copy of your credit reports, visit https://www.annualcreditreport.com or call 1-877-FACT ACT. You may also contact the major credit reporting agencies directly:

Once you receive your reports, review them carefully for inquiries from companies you did not contact, accounts you did not open, or debts you cannot explain. Verify the accuracy of your Social Security number, address(es), complete name, and employer(s). If any information is incorrect or you see anything you do not understand, call the credit reporting agency at the telephone number on the report.


Consider contacting the fraud department of the three major credit reporting agencies to request that a “fraud alert” and/or “security freeze” be placed on your file, and include a statement that creditors must get your permission before any new accounts are opened in your name. To place a fraud alert or security freeze on your file, you should contact each of these agencies using the contact information below:


  • Obtaining and filing a U.S. police report. Get a copy of the report from your local police department or sheriff’s office. This may be necessary to submit to your creditors and others that may require proof of a crime in order to clear up your records.
  • Contact the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”). The FTC provides useful information to identity theft victims and maintains a database of identity theft cases for use by law enforcement agencies. File a report with the FTC or get more information about steps to consider taking by visiting https://www.identitytheft.gov; calling the FTC’s Identity Theft Hotline: 1-877-IDTHEFT (438-4338); or sending a written request to Identity Theft Clearinghouse, Federal Trade Commission, 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20580. You can find additional information about identity theft from the FTC by visiting https://www.consumer.gov/idtheft.
  • Keep a record of your contacts. Start a file with copies of your credit reports, the police report, any correspondence, and copies of disputed bills. It is also useful to keep a log of your conversations with creditors, law enforcement officials, and other relevant parties.